Last updated August 5, 2021
The Services allow you to connect with a therapist for relationship advice. To connect with a therapist through the Services, you must execute an authorization provided by the therapist pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). This authorization allows the therapist to disclose your protected health information to Love Intuition to facilitate the Services. For information on how the therapist collects, uses, and shares your protected health information, please refer to their notice of privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Through your use of the Services, Love Intuition may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Love Intuition will collect personal information from you directly and automatically as outlined below.
A. Information Collected From You
As you use the Services, we collect personal information from you when you:
- Contact us: When you contact us, we collect your name, email address, and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you may have. We may also use this personal information to send you marketing communications that may be of interest to you.
- Create an account: When you create a Love Intuition account, we will collect your name, email address, and your partner’s name. Once your account is collected, we will also collect and store your selected username and password. We use this personal information to create your account, to communicate with you, and to provide you with access to the Services.
- Pay for the Services: Love Intuition does not collect or receive your payment information. Rather, payment for the Services is facilitated through Apple Pay or Google Pay. Apple Pay or Google Pay collects your payment information directly and this personal information is governed by their respective privacy policies. Love Intuition will receive a transaction-specific code or anonymized token from these providers to confirm your payment.
- Use the Services: We will collect additional information from you if you choose to engage with certain features of our Services, such as the journal, relationship tracker, or the chat feature with therapists. In doing so, we will collect your medical and health information, which may include the nature of your relationship, content of your journal, red flags in your relationship, and information relating to your mental health. The specific information we will collect depends on the information you choose to provide to the Services. We use this personal information to provide and facilitate the Services.
Please note Love Intuition may use the personal information identified in this section to comply with the law and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
B. Information Collected From Therapists
Once you execute your therapist’s HIPAA authorization, the therapist will disclose to us your protected health information, such as information relating to your relationship or mental health, to facilitate your use of the Services. You can revoke this authorization at any time. For more information, please refer to your therapist’s HIPAA authorization.
C. Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use the Services. This information includes your:
- Usage information: This includes information about your interaction with the Services, such as pages visited, frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information: This includes information about your location, which may be determined by your IP address.
- Device information: This includes information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Love Intuition may share your personal information in the following instances:
- Within Love Intuition: Where necessary, we may share your personal information within Love Intuition in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Services, such as our IT support, analytics provider, cloud provider, and database host.
- With therapists: Upon receipt of a HIPAA authorization, you will be able to connect with a therapist through the Services. We will facilitate communication between you and the therapist and provide the therapist information at your request. You can revoke this authorization at any time. For more information, please refer to your therapist’s HIPAA authorization.
- With other users of the Services: If you participate in a chat forum, we will share your username with other users of the Services to facilitate the chat forum.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, we would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
CORRECT OR VIEW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access your Love Intuition account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe link provided with each email. Please note we will continue to send you communications necessary to the Services and your account.
DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
You can delete your Love Intuition account at any time in account settings. You can stop all further collection of your personal information by the Love Intuition mobile application by uninstalling the Love Intuition mobile application.
If you have enabled push notifications on the Love Intuition mobile application, you may disable these at any time by updating your mobile device settings.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT).
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures, including encryption, to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).